Tonight, I’m going to hear my blogger friend Annie talk about her new book, Looking for Lovely, with a friend of mine. We’re meeting for dinner beforehand, going to the talk, and then I will try not to stay up til all hours of the night reading, because I have to work tomorrow.
Even though working on Saturday is not lovely, Annie’s going to talk about looking for the lovely in the midst of hard stuff. I’ll give it a go now, because I’m finding it’s the little things that brighten my days.
- Avocados with salt and pepper.
- Iced coffee weather.
- Iced coffee.
- My niece (well, almost-niece!)’s birthday party tomorrow.
- The donut leggings I bought for her, which I will wrap in a lavender bag with white polka dots.
- Turning the rest of the ice cream in the freezer into ice cream pie.
- Making a crust for said pie, Chopped-style, with only ingredients I had in the pantry.
- Target. Always.
- Turkey from the deli at Kroger. Ovengold turkey, people. My sandwiches have never been better.
- Save the Dates.
- Splurging on fancy pens to address the Save the Dates.
- Planning Ben’s birthday surprises.
- My Lettermate (which he got me for my birthday). It helps you address envelopes!
- Mexican food.
- March Madness.
- The new basketball I bought so Ben and I can play.
- Hearing from friends over text when I really need encouragement. Sometimes they just read my mind.
- Clif bars.
- Mindy Kaling’s book Why Not Me?.
- Cleaning out my purse (which is basically representative of my mind at any given time).
- Wedding planning.
- Ben. (Sappy. Not sorry. He’s the best.)
What are you loving right now? Tell me in the comments! :)