I’m starting my year as the Curb Center fellow, and, as any new year does, it began with reorganization and a list of Things I Am Obsessed With.
First, welcome to my First Real Office. (If this were an episode of The Pioneer Woman, she’d be saying “Welcome to my frontier!” right now.)
Next, welcome to my tiny-shoebox-dishwasherless-frustrating-but-charming-in-its-own-way apartment.
A tour of updates that I am proud of, thanks to Pinterest and the fact that apparently there are a ton of millennials who need to make their small living spaces functional and adorable:
Finally, an abbreviated list of Things I Am Currently Obsessed With.
- The Pioneer Woman. Her recipes are SO EASY. Her blog is SO FUN. I have entered two giveaways on it so far, one for a gooorgeous blue KitchenAid mixer and one for a FitBit, and sadly have had no luck. Oh well. I am here for the recipes and for the photos of food and basset hounds anyway.
- Iced coffee. (See also: Portland Brew.) Well, duh. But it is HOT in Nashville now and iced coffee just makes me feel better about that for a little while. Plus Portland Brew sells it for cheap, has fantastic, reliable WiFi, AND parking spaces. That, my friends, is the way to my heart, which yearns for the parking lots of West Lafayette every time I have to parallel park in Nashville.
- Friends. The TV show. (Well, and my people. Always my people.) But for real, the show. I love it. I’m on season nine right now and I don’t want it to end. Time to switch to Parenthood season five, which they just put on Netflix.
- My beagles. I love ‘em. Look at these little faces.
- Sending Dienesa GIFs. I mentioned this in the List of Things Dienesa Loves, but really.Who doesn’t want to get a text, think “I wonder what (so and so) has to say?”, then open it and see this: